This year's series spans May 27 through July 16, with the now standard three month break for the final 9 players of the WSOP Main Event. This year's November 9 will be the October 9, played in two installments, on October 28 and October 30. The planning committee wanted have the Main Event conclusion prior to the U.S. General Election, which is the first Tuesday in November.
There are 61 bracelet events this year, up from 58 in last year's series. There are also a few new interesting events, namely:
- $3,000 Heads-Up No-Limit Hold’em/Pot-Limit Omaha (Event #3, Tuesday, May 29 )
- $5,000 Mix-Max No-Limit Hold’em (Event #6, Thursday, May 31) - 9-handed Day 1, 6-Handed Day 2, and Heads Up when the field reduces to 32 players
- $2,500 Four-Handed No-Limit Hold’em (Event #28, Thursday, June 14)
- $1,500 Ante Only No-Limit Hold’em (Event #49, Wednesday, June 27)
- $1,000,000 buy-in, Big One For ONE DROP (Event #55, Sunday, July 1, ESPN)