May 21th will be a historic day for Chicago poker as the biggest name in poker Doyle Brunson arrives at Harrah’s Joliet. With the opening of new WSOP poker room on May 2nd, Harrah’s quickly showed their commitment to Chicago poker players by announcing Doyle Brunson would be at the Grand Opening May 21st & 22nd. Poker room player’s can now play to earn entries until May 17th to win a chance to compete with eight other players against Doyle Brunson. The winner will receive a seat at the WSOP Main Event plus $1500. Winner has a $5000 cash option in lieu of WSOP Main Event prize.
Poker room players will receive one entry for every hour played until May 17th. Players can also go to Facebook www.facebook.com/Harrahs.Joliet, enter “Like” and download the entry form, than bring the entry form to the Total Rewards Center. Forty seats will be given to WSOP poker room patrons with the remaining forty from Facebook. Drawing will be held on Friday May 20th, you must be present to win. Drawing entries must be activated by swiping your Total Rewards Card at the Promotions area from 8:00 am – 10:55 am. Tournament will start Friday at 1:00 pm, final table begins Sunday at 5:00 pm. For more details listen to ESPN AM 1000.
Meet Doyle Brunson at his book signing Saturday May 21th at 5:00 pm at Stage 151. Doyle’s books can be purchased starting at 8:00 am. Only books purchased at Harrah’s will be allowed for signing. On Sunday 3:00 – 4:00 pm Doyle Brunson will be at a question and Answer session hosted by ESPN radio personality Carmen DeFalco. Starting at 1:00 pm Wristbands will be issued for the Q & A Session. Space is limited and is available on a first come, first serve basis.
Promotions are subject to change. Players can call Harrah’s Joliet poker room 815-740-7480 for updates.
Poker Bonus Payout Qualifying Hands
All of the above Jackpots must have the following:
1) There must be at least four players dealt into the game.
2) There must be a total accumulated amount of at least $20 in the pot.
3) Player will receive 100% of the posted amount.
1) Aces Cracked Bonus Payout: $50.00 When a player has two Aces for facedown hole cards and gets beaten by a player who has a better hand at the showdown, the player with the losing facedown Aces will qualify for the Aces Cracked Bonus Payout. This hand must to go to the showdown to qualify.
2) Royal Flush Bonus Payout: $ 150.00 When a player’s two hole cards combined with the community cards consist of five cards of highest value in advancing value comprised of the same suit (A-K-Q-J-10) they may qualify for the Royal Flush Bonus Payout. This hand does not need to go to the showdown to qualify. These cards may be in any order.
3) Straight Flush: $100.00 When a player’s two hole cards combined with the community cards consist of five cards in advancing value of the same suit (K-Q-J-10-9 High; A-2-3-4-5 Low) they may qualify for the Straight Flush Bonus Payout. This hand does not need to go to the showdown to qualify. These cards may be in any order.
4) Four of a Kind Bonus Payouts: $75.00 When a player’s two hole cards combined with the community cards consist of four cards of the same value (A-A-A-A-K High; 2-2-2-2-3 Low) they may qualify for the Four of a Kind Bonus Payout. This hand does not need to go to the showdown to qualify. These cards may be in any order. Both hole cards must play.
5) Match Hand of the Week Bonus Payout: $75.00 In order for the Match Hand of the Week payout to occur, a player must use their two facedown hole cards and have all five of the cards as posted in the poker room. These cards may be in any order but must be of the same suit. This hand does not need to go to the showdown to qualify.